What a lying Indian says, deceives his friends, his wife, his children; what a lying tradition says, deceives a tribe [J. F. Cooper]
- History of Central Europe
- The 1812 Revolution in Texas
- The War of 1812, an introduction to a fascinating period in which bungling played such a large part.
- The Army for Civilians, military fundamentals for civilian readers of 19th century history.
- Notes on the Mexican War
- The Lies My Teacher Told Me, comments on James Loewen's analysis of American history textbooks.
- James Michener's Mexico, does not contain much about Mexico.
- Abraham Lincoln, comments on a recent TV program.
- Benjamin Franklin, comments on a recent TV program.
- Mr Lincoln's Secret Service, undercover agents in the Civil War.
- William Henry Harrison, (1773-1841), 9th President of the United States.
- Slavery in Indiana, The constitutions of 1816 and 1851.
- Ulysses Simpson Grant, (1822-1885), 18th President of the United States.
- Carnegie and Edison, the Ironmaster-Philanthropist and the Wizard of Menlo Park
- Ginseng, its role in American history
- The Myth of the Antebellum South: The region had severe problems, and life was hard
- Naval Warfare in the Age of Sail: How ships fought with cannon
- Poggendorff, Pioneer of the History of Science
Return to Home Page
The picture is the Colorado State Capitol in Denver