E. Eric Boschmann (Ph.D., Ohio State University, 2008), is an Associate Professor in the Department of Geography and the Environment, at the University of Denver. Current CV.
The intersections of urban, economic, and urban transportation geographies
Job accessibility and aging and mobility in metropolitan areas
Social dimensions of urban sustainability
Mixed-methods research, including: statistics, GIS, sketch-mapping, qualitative data collection and analysis
Denver, Colorado and urban place
- GEOG 1410: People Places and Landscapes: Introduction to Human Geography (Syllabus) formerly SOCS 1410: Foundations in Geography
- GEOG 2000: Geographical Statistics (Spring 2013 & Winter 2014 only; Syllabus)
- GEOG 2410: Economic Geography (Syllabus)
- GEOG 3400: Urban Landscapes (Syllabus)
- GEOG 3410: Urban Applications of GIS(Syllabus)
- GEOG 3425: Urban Sustainability (Syllabus)
- GEOG 3940: Urban Geography Seminar:
"Global perspectives on urban social justice and comparative urbanism" (Spring 2013; Syllabus)
"Exploring the intersections of cities and urbanization, global climate change, and social inequalities" (Spring 2015)
- GEOG 200: World Regional Geography (at Ohio State Univ.)
Are you interested in becoming a geography major? Do you ever wonder 'what career can I get with a geography degree?' Here is a collection of helpful and informative videos.
- Michael A. Niedzielski, Morton O’Kelly ,and E. Eric Boschmann. 2015. Synthesizing spatial interaction data for social science research: Validation and an investigation of spatial mismatch in Wichita, Kansas. Computers, Environment and Urban Systems 54:204-218.
- E. Eric Boschmann and Emily Cubbon. 2014. Sketch maps and qualitative GIS: Using cartographies of individual spatial narratives in geographic research. The Professional Geographer 66(2): 236-248.
- E. Eric Boschmann and Sylvia A. Brady. 2013. Travel behaviors, sustainable mobility, and transit-oriented developments: A travel counts analysis of older adults in the Denver, Colorado, metropolitan area. Journal of Transport Geography 33:1-11.
- E. Eric Boschmann and Jessica N. Gabriel. 2013. Urban Sustainability and the LEED rating system: Case studies on the role of regional characteristics and adaptive reuse in green building in Denver and Boulder, Colorado. Geographical Journal 179(3):221-233.
- E. Eric Boschmann. 2011. Job access, location decision, and the working poor: A qualitative study in the Columbus, Ohio metropolitan area. Geoforum 42(6):671-682.
- E. Eric Boschmann and Mei-Po Kwan. 2010. Metropolitan area job accessibility and the working poor: Exploring local spatial variations of geographic context. Urban Geography 31(4): 498-522.
- E. Eric Boschmann and Mei-Po Kwan. 2008. Towards socially sustainable urban transportation: Progress and potentials. International Journal of Sustainable Transportation 2(3): 138-157.
- Metropolitan Denver. Book manuscript in preparation, with Andrew Goetz.
University of Denver
Department of Geography and the Environment
2050 E. Iliff Ave.
Denver, CO 80208-0710
tel. 3 zero 3.871.4387
e-mail. eric.boschmann (at) du.edu
For fun, and as a part of the volunteered geographic information movement, in July 2011 I contributed to the Degree Confluence Project. This is an "organized sampling" of the world's integer latitude and longitude confluence points. To read about my visit to 22º South, 60º West confluence point in The Chaco of western Paraguay, visit here: http://confluence.org/confluence.php?id=10686
Some preliminary sabbatical 2014 images from Latin America are available here.
Jennifer Miller, Artist